Can't access BIOS after changing to CSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjm21

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
I have a Toshiba L50-A0424 laptop. I created a Win10 bootable USB and tried using it on the laptop. This didn't work with UEFI so I read somewhere that if I changed to CSM I could boot from the USB. Bad mistake! The laptop is now stuck on the 'Check cable connection. PXE-MOF error. To make matters worse, no matter what I do I can't access the BIOS so that I can revert to UEFI. I've tried pressing F2, F12, Esc, Esc/F2 and the entire range of Function keys, no help. Have tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, doesn't work. Am at the end of my tether, any ideas on what to do ?

Solution
Hi,

Please try removing the HDD of your laptop first then try to boot up in BIOS again by either pressing F2 or F12. Once loaded in BIOS be sure to set it back to UEFI mode because the error you were getting has something to do with the laptop trying to load to the network. Also remove all other device plugged in to your laptop.

Hope this helps.
Hi,

Please try removing the HDD of your laptop first then try to boot up in BIOS again by either pressing F2 or F12. Once loaded in BIOS be sure to set it back to UEFI mode because the error you were getting has something to do with the laptop trying to load to the network. Also remove all other device plugged in to your laptop.

Hope this helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.