Can't delete anything from my Android's SD Card! No space!

Oct 7, 2018
Android HTC Desire,
Sandisk Micro SD Card

After downloading episodes through the Netflix app my phone and SD card ran out of storage. (14/16 GB Phone, 28.9/29.2 SD Card)
I tried to delete the downloads through the Netflix app but I could not access my downloads, as the feature isn't available if you have no storage space.
I used the Netflix website to delete my downloads remotely. They still took up space.
I cleared the app's cache and uninstalled the app, to no avail. I plugged my phone into my computer by USB to delete the downloads using file explorer.
I found them and deleted them, but they still took up space.
I called Netflix's support but according to them I had no downloads on my phone anymore.

After this I tried deleting other things from my phone like photos and files, but they only disappear until I open the app again.
Using the phone's file explorer doesn't let me delete anything either.

I still have no storage space and my phone is useless if I don't have the space for a single picture to be taken. Please help!

Solution
Try removing the SdCard and slaving it to a laptop or PC then clear the data into a separate folder. Format the card to FAT and put it back. That backs up the downlads to be put back later, perhaps on a 64GB one - and clears the existing card.
Try removing the SdCard and slaving it to a laptop or PC then clear the data into a separate folder. Format the card to FAT and put it back. That backs up the downlads to be put back later, perhaps on a 64GB one - and clears the existing card.

Solution