nolastname

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
So lately in the past couple of months I've been having to deal with this annoying adware that I couldn't get rid of and its all browser based like adcouopono or fundeals and stuff like that as extensions on google chrome.
I could never get rid of them until one day windows defender scanned and said it found saverextension system file and once it was removed all the adware was gone for awhile.
Then this happened twice more and I fixed the problem the same way, but now its happened again and even though I used windows defender to remove the file yet again I'm still getting adware and popups everytime I click on something in the browser, I've tried using malwarebytes and other programs but they keep saying nothing is wrong when something is definitely wrong.

i7Dreamer

Estimable
Mar 4, 2015
If you don't care about the files on the computer reinstall windows, If not boot in safe mode, run all the scanners you can think of, run Ccleaner, reinstall Firefox, and you should be good :)

nolastname

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Actually I fixed it by clearing out Google Chrome user data. So hopefully people with the same problem see this.

nolastname

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

It's funny because I tried malwarebytes and it found nothing.

FALC0N

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
That's because it was in Google chrome data. Had you come back, browser issues would have been step 2. I would say that Malware bytes takes care of about 90 percent adware issues I have seen. Not all, but most.

nolastname

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I see, thanks for the suggestion though.