Can't install any version of Windows on ASUS K550JX

mujk23

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
As the title says, every time I try to install Windows on my brand new laptop I get the same error that happens during installing updates. Error says that installation files are corrupt but I've tried with several legit DVDs and none works so it must be something with laptop. I haven't tried installing Linux or something because I want Windows.

Is there anything I can do to fix it or should I just return it?

UPDATE: I've succesfully installed Ubuntu. Any ideas how to get Windows up and running?

mujk23

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
Yeah, after I installed Ubuntu I tried again with Windows. It worked! I don't know why I had to do all of that but I'm glad it did.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steven2302 Laptop Tech Support 2
Korko123 Laptop Tech Support 18
F Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
SkiBaBopBaDopBop Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 5
mikmikasd Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 5
dinso Laptop Tech Support 1
pradeepsnayak Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 9
TheAlienJD Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 6
G Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 1
Mimikyu Laptop Tech Support 9
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 10
Similar threads
Question Is it possible to install a 2TB HDD alongside the 512GB SSD that came with my laptop?
Question failed to install bios on toshiba portege R830
Question help with windows 10 install
Question error 0xc0000225 (winload.efi missing/corrupted) everytime I tried installing windows 10 through a bootable usb drive
Question If I Install Nvidia Driver, Immediatelly Get BSOD nvlddmkm.sys
How To [SOLVED] Freezing/Stucking BIOS on ASUS ROG logo after installing SSD. GL702VM & others ASUS rog laptops
Question Laptop dead after installing SSD
Question My laptop shuts down when I install gpu drivers
Question Toshiba Satellite A105, Win10 install problem
Question Acer aspire 5733 continuous long beep only on windows installation
Question Asus VivoBook x512 hdd installation
Question Help asap please.Reboot and install proper boot device. SATA not present in bios
Question Asus Laptop motherboard and bios versions issue ??? HDD write issue.
Recently I have installed updated graphics driver Amd Radeon HD 7670M to the latest version, and popping up the Blue screen of
The Tech guy installed a unlicensed version of Windows on my original Windows 10 home laptop but the problem was with the hard
i want to play fortnite on my computer and it is saying the installed version of the AMD graphics driver has know issues ATi M
I have Asus laptop X44H which has no OS. The problem is I cannot enter bios, so I can't install any windows version
Installing older version of Windows
I could not get into windows. I installed a new version and now I cannot connect to the internet. I have not network adapter t
Can I install a touch screen in the non-touch version of a touch laptop?

ASK THE COMMUNITY