Cant restore, repair, backup, nothing. And need to fix it. Help plz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

revots67

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I have a refurbished Toshiba L657 that came with Win 7 (?Ultimate) 64 bit. I installed the free install of Win 10 and some time later had to get it repaired and the put Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit on it. I recently installed Advanced SystemCare / iobit on it and thought it was fine. HUGE HUGE HUGE mistake. It is a nightmare of a mess.So I am trying to fix it and cant. Advanced SC deleted ALL restore points, the 2 old versions of windows, 2 system images, registry is all jacked up. So, the only sysem image I have is the 64 bit. And none of the options to back up will complete. if i take the chance and do the factory reset thru windows, will it work with all of that messed up? i am at a loss and cant afford to buy an install disk.

Not saying it's *not* recoverable in it's current state - but sounds like it's going to be more effort than it's worth to salvage.

You said you installed the "free install of Win 10"..... I assume you mean the free upgrade within the upgrade period?
If so, you should have a digital entitlement on the laptop, and should be able to format the drive and clean install Windows 10 - and it *should* activate without a key, due to the digital entitlement.

You can create Windows 10 install media here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

You *might* be able to obtain a Windows 7 Ultimate ISO here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows7

But you must enter the product key and, if it's OEM (and an OS shipped with a laptop likely is), then they'll direct you to the manufacturer.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Yea one it gets upgraded to 10 at any point and you go back to 7/8 you can go back to 10 when ever you want. Sounds like you should do what Barty1884 said.

And reinstall with ultimate 32bit? WTH did your PC repair?

revots67

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
OK!!!! That sounds do-able. Maybe. lol. Thank you both very much. I will let you know how it goes. Ill be a Pro after all this mess for sure!! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS