Can't save to SD card Tab E Lite

tnat04

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
My mom bought my kids tablets. A Tab A for my daughter and a Tab E Lite for my son. When downloading games to the Tab A we have the option to save directly to the SD card but not with the TAB E. I downloaded an app to move the apps to the SD card but for some reason not, all games can be moved to the SD card. Is there a way to get the TAB E to download directly to the SD card? If that means rooting, I'm okay with doing that. Thanks for your help. I'm not too techy so I'm hoping for some detailed answers :)

Solution
It is determined by the Android OS that the tablet is running, and also how you are trying to save to the card.

If you are trying to save individual files (music, videos, etc.) then that would be done in the app that you are using for them.

If you are talking apps, then it will only work if the tablet is running Android "Marshmallow". If the second tablet isn't, then it won't allow for downloading and installing apps to the card. If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" you may be able to get it to work. It really depends on what restrictions the manufacturer put on the device.

To be honest, the simplest fix would be if you 'just' got the tablets, to take the one back and replace it with one equal to the one that already has the feature.
It is determined by the Android OS that the tablet is running, and also how you are trying to save to the card.

If you are trying to save individual files (music, videos, etc.) then that would be done in the app that you are using for them.

If you are talking apps, then it will only work if the tablet is running Android "Marshmallow". If the second tablet isn't, then it won't allow for downloading and installing apps to the card. If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" you may be able to get it to work. It really depends on what restrictions the manufacturer put on the device.

To be honest, the simplest fix would be if you 'just' got the tablets, to take the one back and replace it with one equal to the one that already has the feature.

Solution