ManuelMs4m

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
Hey guys,

I've decided that I no longer want Avira antivirus in my PC, so i went ahead and unistalled Avira's one. It went well, and I no longer have it on my PC.

The issue is that the Launcher that was installed with it seems impossible to be unistalled. Every time I try to do it, it comes back after I reboot my PC. I've used serveral uninstalling programs, but none seem to be effective. I think that Avira's Launcher is auto-updating every time I reboot, but I do not see the Avira program when I see what's on my autorun in the task manager, which is weird.

Besides that, my Avira folder also seems impossible to delete, as it requires Admin privileges which I do have, but that don't seem to be working on that.

Sorry if the text is confuse and if I made any typos, English isn't my native language...

Thanks guys

Solution
Run msconfig, look in the startup section there for Avira and remove it. To delete the folder, you can try starting in Safe Mode and deleting it then or boot off a Linux Live disk (USB, DVD, etc..) and delete the folder from there.