Cd does not have enough space

celeste-53

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to copy a potentially unreadable damaged disk to another cd and they are both the same size but I am getting an error message that the disk is too small to copy to . Is there a work around for this I am trying to recover a lap top and am trying to copy the recovery disks. thanks
Celeste

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Can you create a image of the original CD? What do you mean by potentially damaged CD? If you can't copy to an image file then chances are you won't be able to burn/use the new copy anyway. I first try to extract the CD to a file. I use Power Iso but there are other freeware Virtual drive managers that can extract the contents of you CD to a Iso file then you can burn the CD/DVD. Some others are Ultra Iso and Daemons tools lite.
Try VideoHelp http://www.videohelp.com/ or http://www.doom9.org/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crowley91 Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 7
A Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
4 Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 6
T Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 5
R Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Question Laptop keys won't function without pressing space
Help on improving laptops performance on running games like Space Hulk Deathwing and CS:GO as frame rate is really bad.
HDD space missing from MSI GE60 laptop
Solved! Keyboard continues to back space
Not enough space to set computer to factory, and I physically cant clear up any more space
Solved! asus x205t, fn and space bar
Asus tp200s reset
Cannot rest to factory settings says not enough disk space
Hi My hp laptop’s keyboard is not working only few keys like caps, space bar, shift and windows are working.
Screen highlights when I press "space bar" on my Laptop
how to fix my back space button.
Solved! Windows 10 Update needs disk space - previous updates filled disk with trash and it's now stuck
My laptop built in keyboard for Toshiba sat types 6y when i press 6 4r when i press 4 and (space) 0 when i hit spacebar
Solved! Is there a space between the ipconfig and the /
My space bar doesn't work if I try using it on the keyboard but it does when I use the on-screen keyboard.
Solved! Acer Aspire R 11 R3 Notebook - Sky Blue says I can upgrade to windows 10 but I can't get more space for it
I get all the way to wiping it clean then it says o need more space what do i do
My ADATA USB is missing its full capacity of 16 GB, only showing 14.4 GB
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110s I have formatted the ad card, but it is still telling me that I do not have enough space to updat
Cannot make space for new Windows 10 update, (even when trying)

ASK THE COMMUNITY