xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Hi Community,

I have recently been requested to start looking into software to create an Intranet at work, and I'm sort of stuck, as we have many computers that would need to use this Intranet, buying seperate keys would rack up to be quite the expense.

Could any of you recommend a cheap and easy software to create a local Intranet, that also looks professional in the endpoint and is easy to use?

Take note, that it cannot be available to people off of our Network due to the confidentiality of the files that are needed to be accessed.

Thanks in advance.

- Dom.

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Time to provide a bit more information my friend. Could you please define "Intranet". I'm guessing you have or are suggesting you want a private LAN for predefined groups of people to gain access. On this network "Intranet" what is expected? File haring, printer sharing, internal website (internal). Please elaborate..

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

My bad, it's basically just everyone who can log on at work onto the computers connected to the current network, it's basically just a file accessing Intranet if possible, not too sure about Intranets hence why I can barely explain what I need.

It may include some links onto websites that may be needed.

Basically I just need a software that will allow a professional, clean look, and allow the upload/links to files while just being available to those at work, all users will be able to access it if needed.

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

We already have that, it's just really outdated. messy and unorganised, and me being the IT technician has been requested to set up an Intranet to neaten it out and make it much easier to find specific files and update them, as our file server has outdated documents. Since its a medical centre, things need to be found easy and fast, which is why this was requested.

Note: This is just for designing not hosting or anything. I'm hoping you can save it into a HTML document, I just want to go off a basic template that looks both professional and it is really easy to use. As most people here struggle on computers.

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

It probably would be much easier done like that, but I don't really have too many permissions unfortunately, if its needed.

I'm the IT Administrator, but not got Admin rights... Logic. We have to ring an IT Service desk for anything to do with admin, most of the time they're useless, 30 minutes on the phone to remove a printer and reinstall and they turn around and say they can't do it.. :lol: Takes 30 seconds if that...

I do have a computer that I repaired and I had to log onto one of the local admin accounts (Shh) and set everything back up, so I'd have to use that, hence why I would prefer a software to use and create, and save one and all the links in a file on my account, or something similar.

xFeaRDom

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

Thanks, i'll look into it to see if it fits my needs. Should be great :)