Recording software for low end pc/laptop.

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Hi, i am looking for an easy to use and free recording software.
What am i looking to record:-Tf2(that is all)
What software i have tried:-obs
-bandicam(i don't like the watermark)
-fraps(i don't like the watermark)
-some other software that i don't remember the name of
What are my specs: i3-2348m 2.3 ghz
8gb of ram
gt635m
What is the fps i get when reording with obs(it's the only rec software i have monitored my fps while recording) is under 30 fps

To be noted that with fraps i get 60 fps is there a way i can remove the watermark( i do not want to buy the full version)... maybe when i edit the video.

k1114

Distinguished
I've used msi afterburner for the longest time. Minimal/no fps drop and good quality. No watermark and no limits. But I also use handbrake to lower the size before I upload. I used fraps when it was one of the only few available but it's terribly inefficient and has been obsolete for nearly a decade. I don't get how it's even still relevant or used. I never liked obs but it shouldn't be worse than fraps unless using the wrong settings.

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

can i use msi afterburner even if i don't have an msi mobo or an msi laptop(idk if they make laptops)
I am installing it right now and i am going to test it out tomorrow because it's kinda late where i live
Also i play at 800x600 streched to a 16:9 res but from what i've seen programs like fraps don't record the streched part(so the black bars will be visible even tho i can't see them while recording). does the program have a "stretch tool" or will i be able to strech it in a editing software?
btw as editing software is filmora ok?

k1114

Distinguished
You can use it with any pc. I haven't tried to record stretched but I have windowed and lower res. It shouldn't have black bars because it doesn't record the screen, it records whatever res the app is at. I don't know about filmora but any video can be stretched in editing software.

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

i managed to record a few clips.
My fps was very unstable and the game was barely playable and after the recording had a poor video quality. this combined with the fact that i run tf2 on comaglia's toaster config made the video unwatchable.

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

video capture hotkey : F11
video prerecord manual and i did not bind it to anything(bc i don't know hat it does)
video capture format: mjpg compression
quality; 85% (it lags even more if i set it to 100%)
framezise 16:9 720p ( that's how i strech it)
framerate 30fps
framerate limit: disabled
multithreaded optimisation: disabled
crop video dimensions to multiples of 16: disabled
gamma correction: disabled
enable mjpg encoder: disabled
use dedicated encoder settings: disabled
audio source #1: speakers
adudio source #2 none (since i don't want to record my voice)

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

if i have 2 cores and 4 threads, should i choose 4 threaded optimization on or 2 threaded optimization on?

Timotei_1

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

sorry for not responding in time i waas a bit busy lately.
the perogram runs great and all of my issues are solved except 1 thing: i still have a watermark on my screen(the one that shows your fps, the fact that you are recording and the size of the file)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Requesterofhelp Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 2
L Apps General Discussion 2
K Apps General Discussion 3
C Apps General Discussion 2
Z Apps General Discussion 2
P Apps General Discussion 1
D Apps General Discussion 2
K Apps General Discussion 1
W Apps General Discussion 1
L Apps General Discussion 1