Choosing between Canon EOS 650D (T4i) vs Nikon d3300

stormhunter

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
I am looking for my first DSLR camera. I've found these 2. They are about same price here in Croatia. Now I am trying to choose the best. I see that Nikon has a 24 mp and a 60fps 1080 video recording, on the other side Canon has a rotating touch screen, 9 autofocus cross points, . ( If there is a better camera in this price range please recommend)
I would buy a camera with kit lenses for the first hand. Now I'm wondering what real difference between these two is. Image quality, amount of available parts. Video recording is very important to me also (video and sound quality).
So, both taking photos and filming are important, wich one should I get?

I have a Canon T4i and have had second thoughts about the purchase. I have found the autofocus on the T4i to be a pain and am not a big fan. The kit lens for the T4i is an entry level lens at best and has not gotten favorable reviews. In the US the T4i was quickly replaced with the T5i though there is only minor differences between the two. I can't comment on Nikon cameras as I have never owned or used one. If you go with the Canon make sure you check the web site to see whether or not it was recalled. You check with the serial number. Evidently there was some problem with some chemical used in the rubber grips - http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024805ba6ce

stormhunter

Estimable
Apr 2, 2014
Thanks, What do you think about Canon EOS 650D + EFs18-135 IS STM or Nikon d3300 15-105. Both are around 900$ (150$ more than 15-55)

Would love to help you out but I have no experience with other lenses other than the kit one. May get another in the future after I find a job. I will say that Canon has a good reputation for producing good lenses and I'm sure the Nikon lenses are good as well.