Chrome/Computer Lag when playing Netflix or Amazon (PLEASE HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KATZGATZ

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Every time i try to watch Netlfix or Amazon video on my PC my computer starts lagging. The video stutters and my mouse lags. Even when i minimize chrome the cursor lag is still present.

Im running Windows 10 and the current version of chrome. It's not my internet connection and its not my hardware.

Ive tried so many different things to try to fix it and nothing works. Ive tried reinstalling chrome, using an older version of chrome, lower bitrates, go into chrome settings, go into netflix setting, close processes to see if it was the RAM. RAM usage seemed normal for chrome. Ive tried other things as well that i have seen on the internet and nothing seems to help.

Please help in any way you can. I have been trying to fix this for a very long time.

Thank you

KATZGATZ

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Maybe? I've changed the streaming resolution in Netflix through a chrome extension. It didnt seem to change anything

tommy_bauer

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Had the same Problem for half a year and just fixed it. I uninstalled all Microsoft visual redistributables ( like 20 or so ) and then made a fresh new install of my graphic drivers ( uninstalling all the old amd stuff, restarting, downloading the latest and then install) now my pc only stutters while moving the netflix window but there is no Problem with watching on my second Monitor while gaming or whatever on my main one. No laggs or stutters. Hope I could help you

Specs are I5 6600k @4.6ghz & r9 380

fmartinez71420

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
I am experiencing the same issue but with Windows 7. When I first play Amazon Prime video after starting up the computer, it makes the whole computer lag and the mouse as well. Sometimes it will work itself out after a minute or three; or sometimes "Widevine Content Decryption Module has crashed. RELOAD" super annoying.
I don't have Netflix but it doesn't happen when I'm first watching YouTube.
It also stutters during streaming intermittently.

Status
Not open for further replies.