Tate Tech

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
I've been drawing up designs for a completely customizable 3D printed PC case. I've been wanting to do this for a while now. If someone could lend me some more help with creating the CAD files, it would be greatly appreciated. The goal is to create multiple little case components, like a wall, side panel, motherboard mount, radiator mount. All of these will be different peaces that will be able to fit all types of motherboards ( this way its has the best cross type compatibility on the market).

Solution

Buy a couple of cheap cases
Disassemble to see what works and what doesn't. Use them for a template
Create your 3D from these

Oh, you want someone else to do the 3D file creation? You better come with very detailed specs.
Create your CAD file(s) and see how they work or do not work.

Then if there is a problem post accordingly and include your CAD file for suggestions.

You will learn much more that way: i.e., try first, have problems, work on a solution(s), get help.

There are more than enough free (even open-sourced) CAD packages one can use. On Windows 8/10, there is an app called 3D Builder, specifically targeted toward 3D printing. Sketchup (once owned by Google) is another good 3D design package.

If you want someone to create CAD files for you - make sure you have them ready in paper form (not a sketch on a napkin). Yes, this is difficult too (ask any 40+ year old mechanical engineer about his/her college assignments).

USAFRet

Illustrious

Buy a couple of cheap cases
Disassemble to see what works and what doesn't. Use them for a template
Create your 3D from these

Oh, you want someone else to do the 3D file creation? You better come with very detailed specs.

Solution