Techman16

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I have the following LED HDTV Samsung 39in. It only has 1 component input that can also be used as a composite input by only using the green input from the component input. So what I want to do in get the following A/V switch box and hook up a NES, a N64 and a Xbox 360 (using component cables for the xbox only and using composite cables for the other two). Will this setup work by itself or would I have to manually keep switching the cables?
Thanks

Techman16

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I also have a second question. This TV has no audio out but is there any way I could hook it up to a home theater system without it? I heard somewhere you could get around this by hooking up the tv to a vcr and transferring the audio this way.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
It should work but i suggest you use the composite cable splitter instead of getting the component then connect ur xbox straight to TV.

If you want to use home theater system for audio then it is easy, just make sure ur home theater have AV input.

Just connect white and red cable from either component or composite cable straight to home theater coz these 2 cables are for left and right audio channels.

Djvanderhoeven

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
This is an old thread, BUT: If your TV does not have any 'audio out' then you won't be able to get audio out of your TV. What you can do is pipe the audio into the TV from a secondary source (like a VCR) and if that secondary source has an audio out, you can connect your speakers or whatever to that.

This could be a VCR or DVD player, etc. It could also be a full-fledged auxiliary sound system, which it sounds like is what you're going for. One problem is trying to use your TV as the center of your A/V solution. It isn't- it's just a component for (mainly) video-out (and maybe audio-out if you're using the TV's speakers. You want something else to be at the center.I actually really love using a Windows PC for this purpose.