Connected GameCube to receiver but no video?

tobin48

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015
Hey guys, so I connected my GameCube to my receivers A/V outlet however I get no video. I’m getting audio clear as day but again just simply no video. Any possible fixes to this?

Home theater Info:
Optoma HD142X
Yamaha RX -V377 Reciever

Solution
Most converters will be more less the same i thought, i wouldn't know if there is a best brand. Best to look at reviews as you have done.

Generally most reviewers there for the Gana are happy but no one i can see have commented on input lag, whether they don't mind it or there isn't any and how it would affect you if there is a bit of lag.

Edit. For the price, can't really go wrong.

tobin48

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015

I'm not sure to be honest, if thats the case do you think I should just buy an A/V to HDMI connector for the GameCubes cable?

boju

Distinguished
If you buy an av analogue to hdmi converter will be a hit and miss with image quality and controller input lag.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/hardware_review_gamecube_hdmi_adapter_-_gc_video_plug_n_play_3_0

If your GC unit supports this plug and play adapter look into it. This adapter allows digital av to Hdmi, so no conversion and no input lag. Bit pricey albeit an adapter like no other.

I've had my N64 modded internally with Hdmi in Australia, was well worth it but had to send the unit via mail to the person was the only niggling fear of it being damaged by person or transport. All worked out and good job done and hdmi had no washed out colours as with av.

Could try an cheap av to hdmi active converter, will need to be powered by tv's usb port if have one, or from power socket.

tobin48

Estimable
Mar 29, 2015

Thanks for that, I'll keep this in mind. Do you know of any other brands that don't have this lag issue? I was particularly looking at this one on Amazon that has great reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/GANA-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B01L8GG6PW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1527115571&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=av+to+hdmi&psc=1

boju

Distinguished
Most converters will be more less the same i thought, i wouldn't know if there is a best brand. Best to look at reviews as you have done.

Generally most reviewers there for the Gana are happy but no one i can see have commented on input lag, whether they don't mind it or there isn't any and how it would affect you if there is a bit of lag.

Edit. For the price, can't really go wrong.

Solution

boju

Distinguished
Was thinking what Why_Wolf said. Your AVR might not be able to convert analogue to digital but if your GC has av digital out, did the cable come with the console? If it did try that if your AVR has component.

s-l300.jpg

proofofavout.jpg