Connecting 5 speakers and a Sub

Hemant_Grover

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello..

I got Creative Inspire M5300 5.1 speakers and a Pioneer subwoofer (from my car). I was planning to create a home theater system using 5 creative speakers (6w RMS) (not woofer) and pioneer sub, by using an amplifier/receiver. Being a novice need expert opinions on:

1. Is it possible to create such a system? If yes, then which amp/receiver can be used?
2. Will this be able to produce good sound?
3. How to connect these pieces together i.e. speakers, sub, and amp?
4. How much will it cost to built this system?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
1. Yes. Any 5.1 channel or more surround sound receiver.
2. No. The speakers aren't very good but it's a start.
3. 5 channel speakers connect to the receiver with speaker wire. The receiver sub woofer RCA out will go the the subwoofer amp (you will need one) with an mono RCA interconnect cable. Subwoofer connects to it with speaker wire.
4. You will need the receiver and sub woofer amp. Huge range of price depending on whether you go used or new.
Used surround receiver could be $50. New one depends on deals you find $150 up. Amp for sub could be $50-100.
1. Yes. Any 5.1 channel or more surround sound receiver.
2. No. The speakers aren't very good but it's a start.
3. 5 channel speakers connect to the receiver with speaker wire. The receiver sub woofer RCA out will go the the subwoofer amp (you will need one) with an mono RCA interconnect cable. Subwoofer connects to it with speaker wire.
4. You will need the receiver and sub woofer amp. Huge range of price depending on whether you go used or new.
Used surround receiver could be $50. New one depends on deals you find $150 up. Amp for sub could be $50-100.

Solution