Connecting other tvs in house

rodney l

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I recently subscribed to direct tv. I use to have two other tvs hooked up via splitters.The two new direct receivers do not have the old cable like connections. I tried using an old vcr receiver by running red,yellow, and white lines into vcr and used cable out to my splitter nothing, I also tried the blue, green, andred cables and again no luck. Can anyone help me?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I recently subscribed to direct tv. I use to have two other tvs hooked up via splitters.The two new direct receivers do not have the old cable like connections. I tried using an old vcr receiver by running red,yellow, and white lines into vcr and used cable out to my splitter nothing

The signal is scrambled so you'll need two or more reciever to unscramble the signal and connect to its dedicated TV, 1 box per TV. So you can't split an scrambled signal.

... I also tried the blue, green, andred cables and again no luck. Can anyone help me?
You can only split the signal when it's unscrambled, or are you trying to split the component (RGB) signal?