Connectivity problem (Yamaha RX V 677 + Egate Brand Projector)

ATUL KUMAR SINGH

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Dear One,
Greetings,

I recently purchased a AV Receiver (Yamaha RX V 677) and Egate Brand Projector (Made in India). I have Sony Blu Ray player BDP S4100 and Airtel Set Top Box.
The problem is : I am not able to see movies through projector. I tried lots of permutation combination. Some was successful and some was not successful
1. I connected Airtel Set top box + Projector with HDMI/ Cat 6 cable via Yamaha RX V 677 receiver - Its working fine.
2. I connected Blu ray player directly with projector via HDMI/ Cat 6 cable - Its working fine.
3. When I connected Blu ray player with Projector via Yamaha RX V 677 receiver with HDMI/ Cat 6 - Some times signal is coming. Sometimes no signal error comes. Sometimes Invalid format error comes.
But when I switched over the same connection with Airtel Set Top Box then my projector works fine.
So, I am unable to understand where is problem.
Help needed.

Solution
Try setting the BD player to the native resolution of the projector (not the highest it will accept). Turn off any video processing in the receiver if it has any.
HDMI depends on the devices and cables to all meet minimum standards but often one or more don't.
A particular combination, in your case BD to receiver to receiver to HDMI cat6 converter to projector (plus all the cables) isn't quite right.
You can try different HDMI cables or a different HDMI input on the receiver. Try moving the projector close to the receiver and connecting it with an HDMI cable instead of the CAT6 converter.
Try setting the BD player to the native resolution of the projector (not the highest it will accept). Turn off any video processing in the receiver if it has any.
HDMI depends on the devices and cables to all meet minimum standards but often one or more don't.
A particular combination, in your case BD to receiver to receiver to HDMI cat6 converter to projector (plus all the cables) isn't quite right.
You can try different HDMI cables or a different HDMI input on the receiver. Try moving the projector close to the receiver and connecting it with an HDMI cable instead of the CAT6 converter.

Solution

ATUL KUMAR SINGH

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

ATUL KUMAR SINGH

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Dear Grandmaster,
Thank you soooooo much. Yesterday, I tries as you described and I succeed. Thank you once again for your co-operation. I was in tension before yesterday. So, many times, I tried to contact with Yamaha, India and Egate, India but they refused to solve the problem. Yamaha was blaming to Egate and Egate was blaming to Yamaha.
I was help less. You solved my problem. When I set my BDP video in 1080i mode then same HDMI cable started working with Projector.
Thanks a lot once again. I will never forget you.