Constant clicking noises

Andreashoj

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
Constant clicking noises from microphone, but when i put my finger on the hard drive it stops. I moved my computer from one place to another and it completely dissapeared. Unfortunately I had no other choise but to put my PC back to its original place, and the clicking noise is back?

Hi,

Have you tried checking inside the laptop if the clicking noise is really coming from the HDD or from somewhere else? Here are some test you can do as well.
- First is to open the back of the laptop and check if the HDD is properly seated.
- Try to take it off for a second then put it back in just to make sure it's seated properly.
- Next is to try a different HDD if you have a spare, install Windows in it and observe if you'll have the same problem or not.
- If a different HDD will work that means the problem lies in the old HDD.
- Do also try to uninstall/reinstall the Sound card driver and see if that will work or not.

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Hey there, Andreashoj!

I'd strongly recommend you backup your data from the HDD somewhere off-site as soon as possible! Those clicking noises are most probably indicating internal hardware failure. I'd also follow the troubleshooting steps provided by @Laptop_Nerd in order to figure out the source of the issue. I'd also advise you to use the HDD manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic tool (or a third-party alternative) to test the health and SMART status.

Best of luck & keep us posted!
SuperSoph_WD