Corsair Vengeance 1500 Questions

AllanRawr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I was just wondering a few things to do with the Corsair Vengeance 1500. First off is the sound quality, how good is it, compared to a headset with all the speakers for 7.1 rather than just USB? I'm fairly dubious.
How is the comfort, as I've seen some reviews complaining they're uncomfortable after a few hours of use. Also the build quality, how is it? As the flexibility of them looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
Would you recommend them, and what tier are they considered? Cheers for any help given.

EDIT: Also found this "Warning: as of 19/06/13 there is an issue with this headset. With the official drivers installed (Version 1.1.1) there is a high pitched whining feedback noise as well as audible buzz whenever an application uses the headsets mic. The only workaround is to revert to basic USB controller drivers, which removes all functionality as a 7.1 surround sound headset." Is this confirmed?

jbucko

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I have the 2000. I love them they are amazing the comfort is better than you would think. they look big and bulky but are really light. The build quaility is nice and the sound quality is pretty good for wireless. but they are no denons or Senns. i have never had a driver issue and only use the 7.1 feature when i game.

AllanRawr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Had a blackout. I was actually considering the 2000's but I'm slightly confused over the 7.1 as many have said it's just non-existent in them. Is there any directional hearing, or is it basically glorified stereo?

AllanRawr

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013

Two more questions if I may. I've heard people complaining there's too much echo in an attempt to simulate 7.1 in the 2000's, that it almost sounds like you're sitting in a bathtub. Is this true?
And does it have any directional sound, so that you can hear enemies in-game behind you etc?

jbucko

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
During game play the echo is hard for me to hear but for movies and stuff te echo is really bad. But your going to get that from any digital 7.1. The echo can be tweeked. Remember even if the headset had 8 speakers (for true 7.1) the signal is not always going to be 7.1. If u want a good 7.1 experience your not going to get it from a headset. I have purchase many expensive headsets and headphones and the corsairs are the most comfortable ones I have used. I use my audio technicas for music and the corsairs for gaming.

lucasdepalma

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

Hi! Which Audio Technicas do you have?

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
gotta agree with jbucko. the vengeance 2000 is good for a wireless headset, but audio technica, senn, vmoda will deliver better quality sound.

as good as 'surround-sound' can get, either true or simulated, a good performing stereo pair of headphones will often sound better. surround sound isn't needed to do well in gaming.

the ATH-M50 will always be one of my favorites. good, balanced sound but still fairly strong bass. love the crossfades too, though they are expensive. the LP is a good cheaper model if you want to stay in the sub $150s.

http://www.cnet.com/products/5-moda-crossfade-lp-headphones/