Could iPhone 3G Tethering Cripple AT&T's Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I hope we do not face the same issues in Canada as you guys do with 3G. Mine is blazing in Edmonton, Alberta.

---------------
i hate fixing errors... and i liked this article.
But
"We for one" ??? explain that please :)

BillLake

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Does AT&T provide an SLA for data services on data contracts with iPhones for 3G network access? If they do not have a SLA then they can provide service as capable and allow tethering, sure some users might not be happy but if there is not a garrantee of service most should be fine.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Will you punks stop using the words "epic", "fail" and the FTW thing. They're all so over used and have been ridiculous from the start. You're all sheep.

I wonder what the next stupid trend on message boards will be.

MrBradley

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]Will you punks stop using the words "epic", "fail" and the FTW thing. They're all so over used and have been ridiculous from the start. You're all sheep.I wonder what the next stupid trend on message boards will be.[/citation]

Its meant to be a joke. Dont take it to seriously.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It is going to be strained at one point or another. Maybe it will cause AT&T to get off their ass and actually upgrade the 3g network.

G

Put on the pressure. We as a human race seem to progress at a faster rate when there is something pushing us.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]If it was not the iPhone it would have been something else to over stress the network. At least this will get them building it up a bit?[/citation]
QFT.

I'm all for this. When people start tethering, the network will lurch until AT&t either upgrades their network, or many of their subscribers leave because of crappy service.

gimarbazat

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
well att sells for 60$(i think monthly) a usb stick that allows you to connect with a notebook anywhere on the 3g network. the question is should one get riped off 60$ or tether w iphone since already paying data plan?

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Its going to put strain on the network but the network needs a lot of work anyway. It will be a nice feature and one that can already be done with a hacked iphone anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.