LT_Paul

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
Hi guys! (Again xD)
I recently made a CPU Stress test, and after 10min running at 100% load temps was 59C (Max) 45C Min. And 55C Average. So I want to push my CPU further because temps are not bad. I would like to overclock my CPU but don't know if I can. Here is my CPU: ||| http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A6-7310-Notebook-Processor.144877.0.html ||| So can I overclock it? If no then whatever, if yes I would like to know how.

Feel free to comment!

-LT_Paul
2016-10-10

Solution
If this is in an OEM notebook most likely not has your bios will not allow you access to change your mobo speed. If its not then you should be able to overclock by increasing your motherboard clock from say 100 in increaments of 4ish mhz.

elbert

Distinguished
If this is in an OEM notebook most likely not has your bios will not allow you access to change your mobo speed. If its not then you should be able to overclock by increasing your motherboard clock from say 100 in increaments of 4ish mhz.

Solution

LT_Paul

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
thanks for quick reply. I will go to BIOS after game installs. And ah, umm... Is it good that HW Monitor from CPUID recognizes my CPU (AMD A6-7310) as AMD K16? And my GPU (AMD R5 M330) as AMD HD 8600M?

Krag99

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
Bought my own a6-7310 PC / APU in August in a rush/tight budget when my old PC fried, and no, you won't be able to O/C, at least not yet.....but if anyone can correct me, please, please do.

BIOS has no access to OC for this PC....may be because the GPU is integrated, not separate from the CPU (Called an "APU").

Amd's downloadable Catalyst software has O/C built in, but doesn't recognize this processor, so I went to other O/C software until I finally found one that "appeared" to work (MSI Afterburner) and although GPU-Z "displays" me as overclocked, the actual results on MSI afterburner and GPU-Z under stress shows no real change.

On MSI afterburner, voltage & memory clock are grayed out, only "core clock" is adjustable. Maybe not being able to increase voltage or memory is the reason, but after doing ridiculous amounts of googling on multiple forums, like this one, it appears AMD is already driving this CPU to the max with "turbo" (auto overclocking) that pushes it from 1.8 ghz to 2.4 ghz depending on load).

The biggest kick in the keyster for this APU (CPU) is that the Radeon graphics is DX12 compatable, but very few games, including the one I play most, are up to DX12 compatibility because it's so new, apparently DX12 would be a huge difference on this APU.

I literally had to download DX9 to make my favorite five year old game more playable because DX12 has to emulate older DX versions, which is slower than straight DX9 for a DX9 application.

Again, if anyone can correct me on OC options for this APU, please jump in.

LT_Paul

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I have dedicated GPU (AMD R5 M330 2GB) so I overclocked it from 955Mhz(Core Clock) 900Mhz(Memory Clock) to 1100Mhz both memory and core clock. And it works great, performance increase is obvious, I can see +3-10 fps on all games after overclocking. I tried using sapphire trix and push it even further, I pushed to 1200Mhz both (mem, core clocks) and it crashed, so I'm staying with 1100Mhz