Deleted Files recovery

tomhutcheson

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Hi,

I had my outlook account hook up and connected to office. I've had three folders ransacked and shortly afterwards the three folders just weren't there. I believe that one option to recover these folders and files is to purchase MS Office and take it from there. I'm desperate to retrieve these files any help at all would be appreciated.

All this occurred some years ago,but my thinking is that the server will hold this information,I'm sure that I'm coming across as really green,but I really would like to have these files.

Many thanks

Solution
"my thinking is that the server will hold this information"

What server?
If this is your server or your works then yes you may have a chance.

If this is an online email account, such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, then yes you also stand a good chance that just logging into the webmail portal will show all your old email but alot depends on how you had Outlook configured. Outlook can be set to download & delete the mail from the server to only store it locally in which case they won't be on the mailserver anymore but then there is a chance its still on your pc if you still have the same pc and have't reinstalled windows since then.

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
Your thinking is incorrect. If this happened, as you say, 'some years' ago then the data you wish to recover no longer exists, and has not existed for 'some years'. Your only recourse in this case is to restore from the backup that you've been keeping for just this eventuality.

elbert

Distinguished
Outlook just connects to a email accounts so no need to buy MS Office. Here is a whole host of ways to access outlook emails. You have to know your email address. password, or able to answer password reset questions.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/access-microsoft-outlook-email-platform/

popatim

Splendid
"my thinking is that the server will hold this information"

What server?
If this is your server or your works then yes you may have a chance.

If this is an online email account, such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, then yes you also stand a good chance that just logging into the webmail portal will show all your old email but alot depends on how you had Outlook configured. Outlook can be set to download & delete the mail from the server to only store it locally in which case they won't be on the mailserver anymore but then there is a chance its still on your pc if you still have the same pc and have't reinstalled windows since then.

Solution