Deleting files from internal memory without deleting from sdcard

sandydover1247

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I have several thousand pdf files that are in both the pdf folder and the document folder. If I delete a pdf from one, it is also deleted from the other for some reason. I created a pdf folder called Ebooks on my sdcard. If I put my pdf files in that folder, then erase them from the other two folders, will they also be deleted from my new Ebooks folder?

Solution
Sounds like they aren't being moved but being linked to the new places. A way around this would be to connect the tablet to a computer, via USB cord. Move all the PDFs over to an empty folder on the computer. Move, not copy. Once all are on the computer, then disconnect the tablet and restart it. Once it is loaded again, reconnect it to the computer, and move the files over to the folder you want them in on the SD card. They should no longer show on the tablet itself.

I would also suggest leaving copies on the computer as a backup.
Sounds like they aren't being moved but being linked to the new places. A way around this would be to connect the tablet to a computer, via USB cord. Move all the PDFs over to an empty folder on the computer. Move, not copy. Once all are on the computer, then disconnect the tablet and restart it. Once it is loaded again, reconnect it to the computer, and move the files over to the folder you want them in on the SD card. They should no longer show on the tablet itself.

I would also suggest leaving copies on the computer as a backup.

Solution

bvishnu1989

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018