Dell Inspiron 14r connectivity to HT-Z110 (Home theatre system)

Jul 12, 2018
i have an old laptop dell inspiron 14r with 3.5mm headphone port and 1 mic line port.
i have connected it with home theatre system via 2 RCA to one 3.5mm jack.
after connecting i can receive sound from frond left, front right and subwoofer only.
my HTS IS 5.1 SURROUND SOUND.
MODEL NO-HT-Z110
what external hardware do i need to obtain 5.1 surround sound, dolby.
thanks in advance

Solution
If your PC is connected to a TV with HDMI you can use the TV audio output to connect to the HTS. The HTS has a coax digital audio input so you might need an optical to coax converter.
You can use an HDMI audio extractor to provide a 5.1 coax digital audio output that you can connect to the HTS. If you have other sources you want to connect to the HTS get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction so all of them will send digital surround to the HTS.
If your PC is connected to a TV with HDMI you can use the TV audio output to connect to the HTS. The HTS has a coax digital audio input so you might need an optical to coax converter.
You can use an HDMI audio extractor to provide a 5.1 coax digital audio output that you can connect to the HTS. If you have other sources you want to connect to the HTS get an HDMI input selector with audio extraction so all of them will send digital surround to the HTS.

Solution