Jan 31, 2019
Hi and thanks for reading,

I cracked the bezel of my Dell Inspiron 15 7559 which now prevents the charger from connecting ]to AND remaining in the port. I feel that the port might have been pushed deeper into the computer than it should be.

I'm thinking that I'll have to open it up, re position the DC port and replace the palm rest and lower bezel. Can anyone help me confirm that this is all I need before I order any parts?
FkwQ5C5

tCbopSN

FNYV6wm

Solution
If it has been pushed out of reach, it's probably broken the delicate soldered connections to the motherboard. Unless you have a soldering iron and are very skillled in using it, this is a job for a professional PC Fixer.

Search in e-Bay or others for the power jack that fits that model and be precise with the make and model details. While you're there, search for a 2.5" HDD caddy so you can remove the hard disk and slave it to another PC and carry on working. It's also best to remove the drive before letting someone else to work on it.

Make sure the caddy you buy has a three way cable. One end goes in the caddy and other two are USB plugs - one for power and the other to transfer data.
If it has been pushed out of reach, it's probably broken the delicate soldered connections to the motherboard. Unless you have a soldering iron and are very skillled in using it, this is a job for a professional PC Fixer.

Search in e-Bay or others for the power jack that fits that model and be precise with the make and model details. While you're there, search for a 2.5" HDD caddy so you can remove the hard disk and slave it to another PC and carry on working. It's also best to remove the drive before letting someone else to work on it.

Make sure the caddy you buy has a three way cable. One end goes in the caddy and other two are USB plugs - one for power and the other to transfer data.

Solution