Dell Inspiron 17R 7720 "Your Battery is Temporarily Disabled", Battery LED Flashing Orange

oplali8729

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
Hello Tom's Experts,
My Inspiron 17R 7720 SE laptop can't power on with battery but only AC adapter can turn it on, if i try to charge battery with power off laptop than it flashing 4 orange flashes, then white flash, then repeat, if i open laptop connected with AC adapter with battery it showing a start-up message "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off the unit and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature" & keep flashing 4 orange flashes, then white flash, then repeat.
When I run the F2 Setup, under battery health I get the same message above "Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off the unit and try again when the unit is back to operational temperature"

The computer operates normally with the AC adapter, shows the battery at 100% charged, but shuts off immediately when the AC adapter is disconnected.

Now i google my issue & found it may be issue with my battery or AC adapter so i bought one by one new AC adapter & battery but no success, still same error as above and it only can power on with AC adapter, hence I wast money to bought new AC adapter & battery, now after all this i been suggest on Dell website that issue is with laptop mother board, and need to replace/repair motherboard Charging IC or some other part,
Now i am wondering how i check whether issue is in motherboard Charging IC or some other part, i am ready to work on my laptop motherboard, any suggestion will be highly appreciated, since i am newbie and need expert help to check mother board on component level,
Thanks.

G

That's a dell cod. You can look it up and it will explain everything. Go to the website and follow the instructions.

oplali8729

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017

Dear Andy,
Appreciated your reply, i need some one help who know how to fix motherboard such issue, Go to Dell website & explain there all this is useless since they will advise me to take my laptop to some professional mechanic, and what i want is soldering IC or any other part of motherboard my own,
Hope will get help from someone soon,
Thanks.

G

Well, I just did.

The code means your RAM is faulty. At least one of your RAM sticks is dead, if you have more than one, remove all but one, and try again.

See, wasn't that easy?

oplali8729

Prominent
Sep 12, 2017
Dear Andy,
You serious? if At least one of your RAM sticks is dead than how it working while AC adapter plugin? i think you not read correct first post of this thread, my laptop working fine with AC adapter but it only not reading battery, neither it charge it, so i am dam sure issue is with my laptop motherboard,
Thanks.