DELL INSPIRON F2 F12 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch_1

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016
I have a dell inspiron 7720 (windows 8 originally windows 10 now) and i wanted to reset it because a program was not installing. So I got started and I started to reset it keeping my files and it failed. I tried again and this time making permanent reset (I backed up my files). I went to the BIOS and took me to the place where it asked me what partition to install it on. I deleted all the partitions and started installing windows. after a few minutes I recognized I wanted windows 10 instead of 8 and stopped the process. And after that when I tried to boot the windows it didn't work. So i pressed F2 or F12 and it loaded and just stopped (black Screen). I tried cloning the drive with a working computer and nothing happened. I talked with dell support and they said "its probably the motherboard, you need to buy another motherboard", and I know there is no physical harm done to the motherboard. So right now I am trying to find the BIOS or CLEAR_CMOS jumper on the motherboard and can't find it to reset it. That is the full story of the problem....... I do not mind master resetting the computer i have nothing important on it

cin19

Distinguished
Try take out the cell battery and unplug the power cord too, then press the start button few times.
Then put back the battery to see the laptop boot or not.
If it does not boot, like the dell said you will need the new MB or new computer.

Enoch_1

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016

There is no physical damage so I was wondering if there is a way to refresh or "start it back up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Hacknique Laptop Tech Support 9
P Laptop Tech Support 11
V Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1