Dell Streak Available Unlocked in July for $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
that's pretty sweet. But isn't an unlocked Iphone more expensive? Same for the Htc's?
It is here in Holland.....although the price would be around the same as some Htc's.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I'm sure it will be 199 with contract later, I hope to pick this up when it does. Time to retire my old smart phone.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
They should've learned from Google's mistake in selling it exclusively by net in the US. Being unlocked is nice, but when the majority of wireless customers don't know the difference between unlocked and locked, the steep price would turn customers away.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
can't really compare it to the $199 price point which locks you into a 3 year contract, the iPhone is $599 without a contract

G

It like a Nexus one unlocked for GSM mobile carrier T-Mobile 900mhz band, but wait to get AT@T service 850mhz you have to dash out more money to buy another Nexus one phone. Let not talk about cdma service. If it somewhat unlocked, it should be at least quad-band phone. To be truly unlocked it should support cdma and gsm network.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]can't really compare it to the $199 price point which locks you into a 3 year contract, the iPhone is $599 without a contract[/citation]
that is for a locked iPhone. If u want it unlocked, be prepared to pay almost double that.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
its not bad at all, but whether it can compete with a iPhone 4G is another thing since it seems to be on par spec wise with the exception of 4G feature... but then again if they price it lower, i dont mind spending money on this.

MisterClean

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Not bad, but why would you want this when they've announced the Dell Thunder and Dell Lightning to be released sometime later this year?

I wish we could get details on them soon, as I'm pretty excited about the two.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Alright, this product is already going to fail in my eyes.

1) Too big to be a phone, too small to be a tablet. Try calling on that, from the experts it's apparently like "Putting a waffle to your face".

2) It's Dell, get ready for something to go wrong with it

3) Dell chose AT&T that's coming under heavy fire for their changes in data plans and the fact that they seem to generally provide rather...crude service, to put it nicely.

4) Too expensive, then again Dell is probably the Apple of Windows products far as their business model goes which is "High price, sub-par products" on anything but monitors by the looks of it.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]its not bad at all, but whether it can compete with a iPhone 4G is another thing since it seems to be on par spec wise with the exception of 4G feature... but then again if they price it lower, i dont mind spending money on this.[/citation]
iPhone 4G meant fourth generation not 4G capability I thought??

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]gregor[/nom]iPhone 4G meant fourth generation not 4G capability I thought??[/citation]

It'd make sense if it could make use of 4G.

Wait, it's Apple we're talking about, silly me.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Actually, I like this.
Android, 5", $500 off contract. That's all I need to hear.
Dell, you may have actually made something I may consider buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.