Dent in laptop case, please help!

Jul 4, 2018
I threw my phone across the room hoping it would land on the bed but instead the corner of it hit my laptop with force making a loud thud as it hit. I checked later and my laptop has a dent do I need to worry about internal components being pushed/forced down due to the bent metal, please see the photo I took.
k84coj

(Link: http://prntscr.com/k84coj)

This is next to the trackpad on my Zbook G3 15 inch and the phone that landed on its corner was a hefty Galaxy Note 4 with a bulky case.

I ran chkdsk and it didn't report any problems.
Please help this is killing me as I just bought it.

Solution
Operate the computer as you normally would and that will tell you if there are any issues. If it doesn't risk your warranty, you could even remove the damaged portion of the case to check the internals. Most components are fairly resilient to shock, including SSDs.
If there were any problems you would likely see them right away. However, if you are worried, depending on what is in that area of the device, the only thing I would look to do is monitor the temps when running it, for a while. See if you get anything. You can run monitoring programs for a lot of things if you are worried.

Otherwise you are probably good.

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks for all your help everyone, seriously, I just bought the thing for a hefty price and a few days in this happens.

I checked the manual and it says the area that got impacted has the battery underneath that area, do you think I should worry about the battery at all? Also wouldn't the force have travelled from that dented area all throughout the laptop and potentially damaged the SSD or something, from the photo would you say I need to worry?

Thanks again everyone.