different country firmware installed on samsung led tv

ToshSew316

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
"hi, so i found a firmware upgrade for tv model UN40D5003BF online and i downloaded and installed it on my tv..now i have realized that my tv is UN40D5003BFXZP and the firmware upgrade was meant for UN40D5003XZA...now the tv doesn't find any channels..help please

chuffingknutt

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015
can you so a hard reset, according to samsung there should be a toggle on the back of the tv on the right hand side might be different for your model hit that then on the remote in quick order hit info menu mute and then power. it should give you the option for a hard reset. That samsungs help whether or not it works I'm unsure off, if you can't fix it that way then your nearest samsung service centre could probably hook it up through service mode possibly reset it that way. But it costs money. If hard resets fail which ever you try phone samsung first and make sure the tv's on and your right beside it

ToshSew316

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015
Thank you for replying..i did not find the toggle in the back of the tv,however after pressing mute-1-8-2 i got the service menu..from there i did a factory reset..but the firmware (ver 1007) is still there and so is the problem...i originally had ver 1010 installed..ow and the samsung service center would be about 4-5 hours driving..If only i could download the original firmware somewhere...