Difficulties connecting Yamaha receiver to Kuro Plasma TV

crkline2

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
I have a pioneer Kuro Elite Plasma TV and a new Yamaha receiver, RX-V581. I cannot get anything from the receiver to display onto the TV. I connected HDMI to an open HDMI port on the Kuro and I also connected a digital audio cable. Suggestions?

Solution
This is the original poster. Thanks for both of the responses. Here is how I solved it - I had an 18 year old gadget geek fix it. Since my Kuro is old, the Yamaha receiver would not automatically configure itself. So the geek, working via the receiver, assigned the proper HDMI input to which I had plugged in the HDMI cable on the Kuro. Now on the Yamaha receiver, it knows that the HDMI is plugged into input 6. Works like a charm, The Sonos is attached to the receiver via AV2 and the Sony DVD player also runs through the receiver. All seem to be working. Still working on learning the MusciCast feature of the Yamaha receiver, but the original issue was resolved.
Can you get the receiver set up menu up on the TV?
If not then try a different HDMI input and a different HDMI cable.
If you can then you will need to try connecting a source directly to the TV and see if you get picture. If you do then reconnect the receiver and check the receiver menu. Turn off any processing such as upconversion.
If you can't then the problem is in the TV.

crkline2

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
This is the original poster. Thanks for both of the responses. Here is how I solved it - I had an 18 year old gadget geek fix it. Since my Kuro is old, the Yamaha receiver would not automatically configure itself. So the geek, working via the receiver, assigned the proper HDMI input to which I had plugged in the HDMI cable on the Kuro. Now on the Yamaha receiver, it knows that the HDMI is plugged into input 6. Works like a charm, The Sonos is attached to the receiver via AV2 and the Sony DVD player also runs through the receiver. All seem to be working. Still working on learning the MusciCast feature of the Yamaha receiver, but the original issue was resolved.

Solution