Solved! digital cable won't stick in the Vizo sound bar

Jan 27, 2019
digital/optical cable won't stick into the Vizo sound bar, looks like plastic that holds the cable in the sound bar is missing a side, is there a way to fix without using RCA cables

Since that is an optical connection you can just tape or putty it so it doesn't come out.
If you don't get sound then there is a problem with the soundbar that will require repair (if it's worth paying for someone to do it). Might be the circuit board the optical jack is mounted on.

Jan 27, 2019
Yes, plastic cap off both ends and when inserting into the tv twist and locked, but it won’t lock in the sound bar. Doesn’t seem to lock and make contact in the sound bar? Sound did come out of the sound bar by pressing the optical cable into the sound bar only for a second, but didn’t stick and upon another attempt no sound. There’s light at the end of the cable so I know it’s connected to the tv? Digital port on the sound bar must be damaged.

Since that is an optical connection you can just tape or putty it so it doesn't come out.
If you don't get sound then there is a problem with the soundbar that will require repair (if it's worth paying for someone to do it). Might be the circuit board the optical jack is mounted on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 4
M Audio 1
Q Audio 1
V Audio 6
S Audio 1
S Audio 2
W Audio 1
D Audio 1
PhilipMichaels Audio 2
O Audio 1
C Audio 12