Solved! Discovering a new DAC output on motherboard, worth it ?

Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm about to invest in a new motherboard for my PC (new build) and on the specific board (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master) I'm surprisingly discovering a new feature ! A USB 3.0 DAC-UP port ! (yellow ones)

I do not find a lot information on it, actually almost nothing, I’m supposing this is a less noisy USB output dedicated for an external DAC, ok seems pretty cool. But is it worth it ? Will it replace my “Intona High Speed USB Isolator” already in my possession ? Those it worth maybe doing both ?

Many thanks !!!

Oct 26, 2018
That's indeed the point ^^ less noise make already a big difference for Hi-Fi connection.
The advantage to connect your DAC with USB is that the DAC will fully take over the sound of your motherboard/Windows, means no motherboard sound driver anymore and the sound source is totally controlled directly by your DAC, this means that the source of Windows will not mix or interfere with the external DAC, what is a huge point imo. This is not the case with a simple "Toslink" connection... ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Audio 0
blueslime32 Audio 2
K Audio 0
H Audio 4
Rubycom Audio 0
E Audio 1
V Audio 1
Leeterboy Audio 0
delv Audio 1
Rebecca Wylde Audio 4
D Audio 0
NaveenAnand Audio 1
rihan65 Audio 1
S Audio 2
J Audio 2
L Audio 0
Skye02 Audio 0
mjpm707 Audio 0
D Audio 2
P Audio 4
Similar threads
Question How to connect 1/8" stereo output to two mono RCA inputs
Question I bought a 2 input 1 output audio splitter to use my headset with my 2-audio outputs computer, and only the microphone works.
Question PC (hdmi) + Console (optical) Inputs, Optical Output?
Question Sound bar not outputting sound from monitor!
Question Can I Output Dolby Digital5.1 surround on multiple Class D amplifiers using Sb0880 Sound card by creative
Question Connecting 3.5mm output (projector) to digital input (soundbar). Please Help!
Question Subwoofer just randomly stopped working in Windows 10 when set to 5.1 audio. Works in other scenarios though. Edit - Issue discovered.
Question Connect power mixer output to non power mixer input
Solved! How to listen to RCA output CD player on desktop?
Solved! New PC, no Mic input but audio output is fine
Question Marantz CD-67 Mk II only left side RCA output has any sound
Solved! How to connect stereo output on a 5.1 channel system?
Solved! which output port of amplifier is safe to recording with android phone?
Question Can I split Speaker output to another amp? Wattage?
Solved! Looking for a hearing aid system : microphone(s) input(s) and bluetooth output
Question 5.1 Surround not properly outputting from Windows 10 PC to AVR via HDMI
Question Help! Ffalcon Tv won’t output sound to pioneer amp
Question Sony STR-DE445 Front Output isn't working
Question Disabling video output to receiver and only transmit audio
Solved! Active speaker output for passive pair is not working

ASK THE COMMUNITY