Does anybody know if there is a program that will communicate with my phone from my PC so I can text from my PC?

xXBananasXx

Estimable
Feb 8, 2015
As the title said, I'm looking for a program that will let me send a text message from my PC through my phone? I have a Windows Phone and I am using Windows 10. If someone knows I'd be really excited. Is there a way for Skype to do that? Thanks.

Solution
You can use MySMS. It is in the Windows store, also available on Android and IOS. Mighty Text is another option, but I find MySMS to be much more reliable.

cosmoji

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
pushbullet. loved the hell out of it, but they recently introduced a pay model. free still works, but i think theres a limit to how many texts you can do a month. but i think its like 3 a month for the paid model with unlimited use? if you're going to use it a ton i dont see that as unreasonable. its also pretty useful for making quick file exchanges between pc and mobile. especially when you enable the ability to search the other devices files and request files. like i can search my pcs documents with my phone for the file i want and request it be sent to me.

computertech82

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
why would you want a powerful computer to use a phone to text through? why not use the pc itself to text? Yahoo messenger is just one program to text to other people. Or use email instead.
Now if you are taking trying to use you're phone provider's PRIORITY program with a pc, that will not work.

cosmoji

Estimable
Aug 7, 2015
honestly because im too lazy to get up out of my chair and go get my phone from my bedside to look at a text i probably wont even want to reply to. its just easier to have it pop up on my screen like a steam message would, and reply if i want to. to clarify, its routing to the phone, not the pc having its own number or anything.

MLDinJax

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
You can use MySMS. It is in the Windows store, also available on Android and IOS. Mighty Text is another option, but I find MySMS to be much more reliable.

Solution

Paul NZ

Admirable
You can also change the settings in windows 10 so you can install Cortana (obviously you have to change it to a country that Cortana supports).

Then you can use your voice to send a txt,Cortana will print it out for you, and you can also say send after it'll send it.

Pretty neat I must say. When you receive txt Cortana will also say who its from. And you can say reply to reply to it. And say read it to get cortana read out the txt.

You can also get Cortana to ring a mobile by saying call (the person) mobile. Cortana will ring the number for you