Does rendering a lossless file using the same lossless codec decrease quality?

Bryce Demar

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I record videos with dxtory in 1080p30 but have been wanting to upgrade to 60fps capture. I use the lagarith lossless codec but just can't capture in 1080p60 unless i purchase another hard drive and raid it with the one i already have (WD Black 1tb) to improve write speeds. I render my videos out with either sony vegas or premiere pro using the x264vfw codec on the lossless setting. I was wanting to know if I were to start using the x264vfw codec for dxtory capture, weather rendering a H.264 lossless file with either of these video editors will leave the quality untouched or if it will decrease it.

+ I am capable of recording more games at 1080p60 when using the x264vfw codec with dxtory.

Bryce Demar

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

Thanks for the fast reply, im glad that i wont be loosing any quality. Also I use an ssd for my boot and just gave recording with it a try and to be honest i found that while its write is around 450Mbps compared to my wd blacks 170Mbps speed there wasent any extra frames being written staying at around 30 to 50 fps. This is making me wonder weather this due to a component or if its just because i was writing to my boot sdd.

EDIT - So just for the hell of it i checked and no its not hardware side or at least its not my cpu. Its usage never goes above 60 % and my in game fps never dips below 80.

I'm a long way behind you. I don't capture straight to PC. I use cameras to SD cards. 1080p at 30fps mp4.

The sd cards are roughly the same speed as a HDD. My guess is that you have a limitation with your capture device and interface.