Does the av 1912 have optical out?

Baycman

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
Trying to plug in a Turtle beach elite 800 to the AV 1912 but the optical port does not seem to be working.

Some confusion as to whether the port in the back is an input (as mentioned by many) or is an output (as mentioned in the manual)

kanewolf

Judicious
Do you actually mean a Denon AVR-1912 ?

The "port in the back" of what ? Denon or Turtle Beach?
The Turtle Beach headphones have both a digital in and a digital out (daisy chain) .
The Denon will have digital in but I don't see digital out looking at the picture of the back.

Baycman

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015

Yes, I meant the Denon. Apologies, this was my first post and I didn't pay attention to setting the question up properly.

I meant on the back of the Denon as I was hoping to pipe the output from the amp into my wireless headphone's base station. It initially looked like (to me) that the digital port on the AV 1912 was an output from the manual but it turns out I just read it wrong. It now looks like it's an input port.

So I guess I won't be able to hook the headphones up directly to the amp. I guess I'll now move onto trying to get one of those BT transmitters and hooking it up to the headphone port.

Thanks for your reply