javanoob17

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Hello all,

Thank you for viewing my post and helping me out with feedback. I just bought a laptop and trying to mirror my display with my desktop 22" monitors I can't really find any cables that split from hdmi to dual hdmi then getting cables from hdmi to vga. Any suggestions what might work for me? I don't want to do a kvm switch, I want to mirror my display from the hdmi port on my laptop. I found this http://m.ebay.com/itm/191384160124?nav=SEARCH

lucarai

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
If you are trying to make your laptop a second screen of sorts, it won't work unless the laptop explicitly states it has video input. If you are trying to connect your laptop to a different monitor however as a second, you would plug it in like any other. VGA/HDMI to VGA/HDMI on the monitor, and press Windows+P to open the prompt for monitor selection and configuration.

javanoob17

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Yes I am trying to mirror the laptops screen to my dual 22" monitors and close the lid but not finding much alternatives for a converter or cabling to split from just one hdmi port to a double vga.

lucarai

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

I don't think you can go from HDMI to two VGAs for independant displays on the screens, but to mirror them as you are asking, you could get a HDMI>VGA adapter, and get a VGA splitter for the HDMI>VGA then

lucarai

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012

I HIGHLY recommend using HDMI to VGA instead through adapters like this. A VGA to USB sounds like there'd be either interference, a delay, or other issues.