Dual monitor setup audio question

Shindouz Hirono

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016
Hi forumites,

First of all, I'm not a really techy kind of person. I just need an answer in simple terms that I can grasp easily. I have 2 monitors hooked up to one desktop.

Monitor 1 - Samsung Curved Gaming Monitor 27"
Monitor 2 - Hisense UHD Smart TV 50"

Note: They both have internal speakers built in. The Samsung one is connected through DVI-D to HDMI (only this one is audio jacked to my PC). The Hisense one is connected through HDMI to HDMI

Is it possible for me to get audio outputs from both monitors at the same time instead of just Monitor 1?

Note: I'm not using any external speakers, just the build-in speakers of my monitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
the output of sound is limited to single outputs at a time I.e. you could hear it on monitor or TV by switching output HDMI port sound in your volume mixer of windows. depending ion your sound card sometimes you can make it output to both, NVIDIA permits to do this with some GTX series video card by going into the NVidia Control Panel menu called "setup multiple displays" and clicking on Surround spanning options which would enable both monitor to use sound output at same time.

Shindouz Hirono

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016

i see so it's possible with Nvidia control panel. I'm using the 970 GTX series. I checked the control panel u mentioned it does has something called the Setup Digital Audio settings

when you go to this control panel you don't see this option ?

PSkAKuF.png

Shindouz Hirono

Estimable
Jan 9, 2016

i see it so thats the one u are talking about haha. But mine is muted? It's only available when 2 screens are connected?