Dubbing from VHS to DVD on my Panasonic ES40V

G

I need to reach someone who knows about my video recorder. Panasonic DMR-ES40VS.

It plays and records VHS and CD/DVD. It also dubs from VHS to DVD,. That's what I'm having trouble with. I was able to dub one VHS tape to a DVD RAM but could not play it back on my computer. So I need to know how to do that. then I tried setting up the regular DVD r disks to dub another and was rejected because it wasn't compatible. The book says I can make it compatible. I followed all the instructions but still got rejected. Please tell me how to set up a regular DVD R disk to accept a dub from VHS,. My husband died and I am trying to make copies of his band tapes for his family. It would mean a lot if I could get them into a package going out in a few days.

So 2 things.

How can I play the copy I already made on a DVD RAM on my computer? It was the only DVD RAM that I have and they are very expensive.

How can I prepare my regular DVD R disks to be accepted by this player

G

I've followed the steps in the manual and when I clicked on "finalize" It said that it could not because (I didn't write it down) something about because there was no named recording. But I hadn't recorded yet. That was the problem. I did name the disk . I'm about to go in there and try again.

Could you type out the steps for me??? Maybe I'm missing something when I read it,.

What about the one I already recorded on the RAM disk. Any idea why it won't play on my computer. It plays on the unit so I know it recorded.

G

I may have found the problem. I put in another disk and it said it couldn't be used. I was putting in CD-R not DVD-R. I looked thru everything I had recorded I the past onto disk with that unit and found a couple that were DVD-r. I put one of those in and it seems to have accepted it. It let me start the dubbing but didn't ask to erase what was already one there. I used my Stevie Ray Vaughn disk so it's a big sacrifice. Not sure if it's really dubbing. Right now it's showing the DVD from before...Stevie Ray. I'll let you know when it's done.

G

Well, it didn't dub the tape, but I think it was because I didn't erase what was already on the DVD. I'm going to format it again that should erase the content....right????