EA Breaks Law with Brass Knuckles

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]ecook[/nom]If EA wanted to do something like that with brass knuckles then why not have them made out of plastic or something?[/citation]

Last year, New York state lawmakers added plastic knuckles to the list of illegal weapons.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Brass knuckles..... so not cool.... Gimme a baseball bat instead. They are not illegal, yet do the job better than the knuckles...

And, Mr. Parrish, I am surprised you havent perished yet. Two reasons for this statement:
A) Find some real news
B) Quit using double headers. For some reason, they dont make your "so called news" more powerful. lol

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
"In the United States alone, brass knuckles are illegal in at least ten states: Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon, Utah, and Washington."

Awesome! So I can get one because I'm in TX? Oh wait, everyone here carries gun. Brass knuckles=fail. Interesting article though.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]I find this retarded. Not the EA sent it, but the fact that a relatively rudimentary shaping of metal makes it illegal, but it would be fine if I put a lot more work into that metal and make a knife into it, it's completely legal.[/citation]
If you're going to -1 me, atleast reply to admit you're an idiot. There are much better things to attack someone with that are completely legal.

jimx

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Thats incredible. its like say "become a criminal, see how cool it is" to thousand of teens. EA need to fire somebody...

jimx

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Pepole, what is legal or what is not, is not the point.
The point is the messagge you give to the teens !
And in a country like the USA that already have a big
problem of criminality!

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jimx[/nom]Thats incredible. its like say "become a criminal, see how cool it is" to thousand of teens. EA need to fire somebody...[/citation]
[citation][nom]jimx[/nom]Pepole, what is legal or what is not, is not the point.The point is the messagge you give to the teens ![/citation]
These came with press copies, they aren't retail copies. You must have one amazingly huge deficiency in your mental facilities if you missed a detail mentioned in the first sentence of the article.

[citation][nom]jimx[/nom]And in a country like the USA that already have a bigproblem of criminality![/citation]
What problem? We have a single digit murder rate per 100,000 (We're not even in the top 50), and while a solid crime rate is difficult to determine, it's been shown that crime is going down in the USA. Just take a look at this graph:
http://rechten.uvt.nl/icvs/images/Graph03.JPG

The biggest issue we have with crime is recidivism, as our percentages are higher than most other countries.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Forgot to add this in
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]The biggest issue we have with crime is recidivism, as our percentages are higher than most other countries.[/citation]
Which is completely irrelevant when it comes to teens that weren't already bludgeoning people with illegal weapons. So bringing up the whole crime thing is complete malformed bull****.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Yet somehow guns are legal? Not saying they should be, but come on, brass knuckles are less dangerous than a letter opener.[/citation]

actually barss knuckles are illeagal because theya re a concielable weapon , th further add to a case on tehm , they are mainly sued as an offensive weapon , and not reallya self defence weapon hince why theya re illegal . Even guns have laws in states most states rule that youc an NOT conceal a gun and if you avhe one displayed on your self (aka no concieled ) then you need to be able to present the fact you avhe a license for it. Knives are also illegal after a certain "size" this vary's froms tate to state in texas the leagal knife size is 4 inches (or no longer than your middle finger used as general measure by cops) . i think in NY the limit is 2 inches. point beign i can see how how brass knuckles are illeagal the "right to bear arms" only really applies to your right to defend yoruself (or feed your self as a hunter)

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i know ! i want a free laser rifle from bethesda on fall out 4's collector edition , shoudl amke up for that crappy pipboy clock they relased on F03's survivial ed

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]actually barss knuckles are illeagal because theya re a concielable weapon , th further add to a case on tehm , they are mainly sued as an offensive weapon , and not reallya self defence weapon hince why theya re illegal[/citation]
Did you even try to type in English, or was that pure coincidence?

Spelling aside, guns are defensive through offense. You hurt someone enough, and they won't/can't continue. And a 2' knife could easily kill someone in the right (or the wrong) hands. At least with brass knuckles you'd have to make multiple impacts to kill them (in most cases).

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
"Yeah Cindy, it's Jack over in the PR department, I need you to get me a purchase order for 2,500 brass knuckles"

"Sure Jack, should I use the normal illegal weapons vendor?"

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]If you're going to -1 me, atleast reply to admit you're an idiot. There are much better things to attack someone with that are completely legal.[/citation]

you're an idiot

jamesl

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Forgot to add this inWhich is completely irrelevant when it comes to teens that weren't already bludgeoning people with illegal weapons. So bringing up the whole crime thing is complete malformed bull****.[/citation]

which is completely irrelevant because teens didn't get the brass knuckles

read the freaking article moron

Status
Not open for further replies.