Electric spikes in my recordings

G

Hi, when i record using my Edroil FA66 firewire sound card into my Acer M3910 using soundforge it picks up spikes when the kick drum plays or any loud part of the recording here is an example https://soundcloud.com/jayhatchell/problem-new/s-Wcuuk , i have tried plugging everything out that was on the same circuit except the soundcard and pc, i also plugged out my Graphics card to see if this would help but i still get the same problem so i decided to get a new firewire card to see if that was what the problem was but same thing again, i have a acer aspire 5735 laptop with the same software as on desktop as a back up and i dont get this problem using the laptop so that eliminates the soundcard been the issue,

Has anyone any ideas as to where my problem could lie

Thanks,

Jay

JayHatchell

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

A come on mate seriously, of course i have checked the volume i wouldn't posted on here if i wasn't serious about my problem, as i said in my post there is no problem when i record into my laptop it is set up the very same as my studio desktop pc on the same circuit, even if i plug in a mic i get the same problem or try and sample off my synths or drum machine, so it has to be something to do with the desktop its self, a friend who works in a repair store mentioned something about a blowen capacitor but i dont understand much about electroincs.