Status
Not open for further replies.

samhuang1999

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hello all once again!

I hope this post is in the right place, if not, please tell me!

So we've recently brought out another company, and their website was part of the package. They had a monthly newsletter thing setup, and I would like to be able to send those email blasts once again. They used Form-To-Email Pro (http://formtoemail.com/) which is still active on the website. Basically, when a customer put in a their email and hit "submit", we would instantly get an email send to an email address of our domain of our choice. That email would look like this:

Form name: Email signup
Email: customername@emailservice.com

The title would always be "Email signup on ourcompanyname.com". The previous IT guy (who is no longer with us) had all of this setup.

I was surprised they didn't use ConstantContact or something, but I'm guessing they must have had a program that automatically read all of the emails sent to say "emailsignups@ourcompanyname.com"... and put in into some database or something.

Just a thought: It was all done on OS X Mac....

I will not post our website URL for security reasons, but will need to see the site and code, please contact me through a PM.

So basically: What program or programs did they use to organize these emails to automatically enter a database? Or if they didn't use a program, what did they use? 

Thank you all so much!

-Sam Huang

samhuang1999

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

Cannot ask them as they are long gone.

samhuang1999

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

There is no code really, it's just FormToEmail Pro, which just sends an email to our general inbox of the submissions.

They must have archived the emails automatically ... maybe all were sent to something like "newsletters@ourwebsite.com" and then all of the emails sent to that were archived into a database?

Status
Not open for further replies.