Email just stopped receiving

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Hi, I have just set my friend up in Outlook 2010 (the MS Office one) for her Yahoo email.
All is fine to start with, over 12,000 emails have downloaded into her Inbox. An hour later I start to get receive errors and no emails are arriving.
I left it overnight and when I start up today one or two emails arrive but I am still getting receiving errors.
Nothing changed from the original setup, so why would it work when setup., and a short time later not work?
(the pc has been scanned for viruses and malware)
Help please

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

Mail is still coming through, although really slow, and every now and again.
Restarted my hub this morning and ran OFFCAT from Microsoft which is supposed to identify errors - most came back about network speed, however I am running on an Infinity 2 line on Ethernet.

I am thinking port settings in the outlook setup.....
What I need is someone who is running Yahoo mail in Outlook 2010 to let me know the port settings etc that are working. There seems to be a lot of different setups on the web.

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

Its a yahoo,co,uk email address....
Its been set up as POP3, although some setups on the web are showing it set up as IMAP. I not sure of the difference.
Sending mail goes straight away, incoming just goes on, and on.
In advanced settings incoming is set as port 995 and outgoing is set as port 465...and get the error 0x80048002.

Just tried disabling of AV (Avast) which made no difference.

This is a fresh build so no add-ons should be affecting email.

It can be set up as either POP3 or IMAP depending on user preference as regards email handling, but POP3 is the norm.

Differences between the two?: http://www.pop2imap.com/

My incoming server port (but remember I use BT Yahoo) is 110

For error 0x80048002, it could be caused by antivirus software scanning incoming mail in real-time so try disabling that feature or add Outlook to your antivirus "exclude application" list if that's possible.

sambat2000

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011

I turned off the email scanner in Avast with no change.
I have tried ports 110 incoming, and 25 outgoing, with SSL switched on and off. Still no progress.
Put the settings back to 995 in and 465 out and outlook connects ok to incoming server, and sends the test message ok.

I then go back to outlook and it just waits on processing receiving mail..

The PST file is 1.7gb in size, so should not be an issue. Ran Scanpst which found minor inconsistencies which were repaired.
Still no change on receiving email.

Update - Just ran Account repair inside Outlook and get the error "Problem connecting to account"....(encrypted and unencrypted)