event viewer scam

Apr 23, 2018
I fell into this scam completely because they seemed to have my windows license no. I let them control my PCfor some minutes. I even filled in a form including my VISA allowing them to collect 8 USD. In the end, after 1 hour, they said they would install a new license, then they would have to wait until next day. Havent heard from them since.
Shall i do something????

Solution
immediately get in touch with visa or/and your bank and tell them about the fraud/scam.

Check your Visa account, if money was transferred without your knowlegde, but not with your infected system! Use a safe system.

check your system with malwarebytes
malwarebytes.com/mwb-download

be sure no software is installed on your system, which can remotely control your PC. While your system was under control by a third party, you will only be certain by freshly installing or resetting windows, that nothing infectious was left. Like worms, viruses, tojans,...

Would change every single password you created on this infected PC. Change these on a safe system:
All accounts, like:
mail
insurances
banking
facebook
instagram
twitter
google...
immediately get in touch with visa or/and your bank and tell them about the fraud/scam.

Check your Visa account, if money was transferred without your knowlegde, but not with your infected system! Use a safe system.

check your system with malwarebytes
malwarebytes.com/mwb-download

be sure no software is installed on your system, which can remotely control your PC. While your system was under control by a third party, you will only be certain by freshly installing or resetting windows, that nothing infectious was left. Like worms, viruses, tojans,...

Would change every single password you created on this infected PC. Change these on a safe system:
All accounts, like:
mail
insurances
banking
facebook
instagram
twitter
google
microsoft

all others you have ever entered on this PC

Solution
And after all the banking and password work is done. Keep an eye on everything all the more.

Be aware that your contacts list may have been compromised. Make sure that friends and family are aware of that in case they are contacted with some claim that you need money....

Plus, if you got a telephone number (Caller ID) or they happen to call back get the number.

File a complaint:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-do-i-report-internet-scams-fraud-2487300

Not likely that much will happen, if anything, but there will at least be something on record.