External controller with Nvidia shield tablet

Fluzzyy

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hello guys! So my question is pretty simple.. Is it possible to use any other controller with the Shield tablet, than the official Nvidia Wireless Controller? Like can i use any sort of bluetooth controller for android with the Nvidia shield tablet?
For example, would this controller (Link) work? Or this one (Link)

Solution
Any Bluetooth enabled controller will work fine with the Shield tablet. The NVIDIA Shield Controller is unique in that it uses WiFi direct and not Bluetooth, but the tablet is bluetooth equipped, so any other standard bluetooth controller will work just fine. I know several people who confirmed being able to use the Nyko Play Pad for sure, so it definitely works with third party controllers.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Any Bluetooth enabled controller will work fine with the Shield tablet. The NVIDIA Shield Controller is unique in that it uses WiFi direct and not Bluetooth, but the tablet is bluetooth equipped, so any other standard bluetooth controller will work just fine. I know several people who confirmed being able to use the Nyko Play Pad for sure, so it definitely works with third party controllers.

Solution

Fluzzyy

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Thanks for the answer. Yeah i bought the Shield tablet last friday but didnt buy the controller, because i tought i might buy another controller than the official one. And Yes i know the Nyko Play Pad works for sure since Nvidia has that exact controller on their recommended devices for the shield :'D

Fluzzyy

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Btw. are you using the Nvidia Wireless Controller yourself or are you using some other controller?

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
I'm using the Nvidia Wireless Controller. It's pretty comfortable, haven't had any issues with it and I find the build quality to be pretty nice. Fits in the hand like an XBox controller with the Playstation analog layout. I like it a lot.