External device for macbook air to screen record that does not affect the laptop perfomace

Dec 12, 2018
Hi, I am looking to record my screen but right now OBS is too taxing on my laptop so i cannot use it while having other applications open. I was wondering if there was a device that i could use that would work independently and handle all the power needed to screen record. So basically here is what i am looking for:
1) Preferably a USB device that can record directly on hard disk
2) Shouldn't affect laptop perfomace as the laptop is already pretty maxed out on perfomance when i have my applications open
3) I dont really care about FPS that much and the resolution either as long as it readable and viewable.
Thank you, appreciate any help.

Dec 12, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from aryan201215 : "Screen recorder for macbook air"

Hi, I am looking to record my screen but right now OBS is too taxing on my laptop so i cannot use it while having other applications open. I was wondering if there was a device that i could use that would work independently and handle all the power needed to screen record. So basically here is what i am looking for:
1) Preferably a USB device that can record directly on hard disk
2) Shouldn't affect laptop perfomace as the laptop is already pretty maxed out on perfomance when i have my applications open
3) I dont really care about FPS that much and the resolution either as long as it readable and viewable.
Thank you, appreciate any help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lucasblack29 Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
opamago3 Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
fennie999 Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2