Endario

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
My Seagate 1TB Hard Drive can't be detected on my laptop. When I go into Device Manager, it shows a USB attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device Error. I've tried uninstalling it, and I've also tried to update it using the Mass Storage Device driver that was on the list. But when I tried to, it said access denied and it changed on Device Manager to become an Unknown Device.

Solution
Hi there Endario,

How is the drive recognized by Disk Management?

My suggestion would be to attach the drive with a different USB cable to another computer. That way you will rule out connectivity issues and drivers as a possible cause.

In case the issue persists, then I believe there is something wrong with the enclosure or the HDD itself. In both cases you can:
- RMA the drive if under warranty.
- Contact a data recovery company in case the data stored on the drive is extremely important.

Let me know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Endario,

How is the drive recognized by Disk Management?

My suggestion would be to attach the drive with a different USB cable to another computer. That way you will rule out connectivity issues and drivers as a possible cause.

In case the issue persists, then I believe there is something wrong with the enclosure or the HDD itself. In both cases you can:
- RMA the drive if under warranty.
- Contact a data recovery company in case the data stored on the drive is extremely important.

Let me know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution