Facebook to Give Users @Facebook Email Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
errr...i don't see any point in this. The instant message chat they have now works perfectly fine. it sends instantly, only lets people talk to me when im online and willing to talk, and no spam. Why change something that works perfectly fine? they can achieve what programs like MSN messenger did, without having to implement an email address into it. I have enough emails to worry about. No one really wants or needs this.

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Great, when the aliens come to destroy the idiots they will be easily identified by their email address. I sure as hell wont be getting dissected.

G

Yessssss! More data mining. I'll bet all e-mails sent and received are public domain as well.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i WHOLEHEARTEDLY welcome the competitionfacebook seems to be putting up a good fight against google[/citation]

good competition? facebook is competition for gmail? seriously? do people really think this?

people may be paranoid that a computer looks at there email and shoots up an ad (dood its a computer not a person, think of it like a spam filter, i have over 20000 spam messages a month, you want to go through your email and pick out spam yourself? )

facebook just seams to be a gathering point for crap that anyone on the internet already had, but now computer illiterates can use it all too, its a good but annoying things. i had to block 5 friends in real life for spamming me with those stupid quizzes an retarded websites, they know who they are and why i blocked them, now i get to block all of facebook email addresses.

G

BE CAREFUL!!! My friends account was disabled and could not be appealed because they decided to absolutely punish her for 1 lousy humorous but adult picture which she got from other facebook users constantly. Years of good content building which other users rely on was gone. There was 1 single vague warning out of so much spam she got on her email and a few days after without her logging in yet she was banned and can never redeem herself. I rely on my yahoo mail since the beginning of yahoo mail and now there's gmail. I can still reactivate my old email address from the 90's whenever I log in again to it after months and years.

vvarreng

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I do not like the idea of Facebook creating a e-mail account for its users being that the data listed on your own page is used by third parties, I do not really see it being useful other than possibly spamming. I do not like either the fact that once we delete our information its never completely erased, but I guess that's how the internet rolls. Be careful of what you post I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.