razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
My sister has IBM Thinkpad T60 which had 'fan error' problem. Probably means the fan stopped working because i blew the dust out so it couldn't block it. Then i bought a complete heatsink+fan which are working 100% (tested) and it still won't work, the fan won't spin at all. Could it be the motherboard? I even tried to give a little help to the fan to spin but still not working.

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
does it give you any error code?
also make sure the pins arent damaged from removing the old fan. I had that problem several times, also few times i had to update bios cause it would give me the error while the fan spins

razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

It just passes the splash screen and shows that error, so i can't even put it under load. And no it doesn't spin at all.

does it give you any error code?
also make sure the pins arent damaged from removing the old fan. I had that problem several times, also few times i had to update bios cause it would give me the error while the fan spins

Nope, just 'fan error' then shuts itself down. The pins aren't damaged I'm always extremely careful about pins. The fan doesn't spin at all, but when i tested it outside of the laptop and it worked like a charm.